Ask the experts Online
Welcome to the Shams Al-Bawadi Forum page for those interested in construction!
We welcome all new visitors and participants looking for useful information and discussions in this area.
Do not hesitate to participate and join our community to share ideas and experiences and expand your professional networks.
This community is for professional and enthusiast users, partners . You can ask questions about
- Questions related to waterproofing
- Questions related to Construction sector
Before you ask - please make sure to search for a similar question. You can search questions by their title or tags. It’s also OK to answer your own question.
Please avoid asking questions that are too subjective and argumentative or not relevant to this community.
You should only ask practical, answerable questions based on actual problems that you face. Chatty, open-ended questions diminish the usefulness of this site and push other questions off the front page.
To prevent your question from being flagged and possibly removed, avoid asking subjective questions where …
- every answer is equally valid: “What’s your favorite ______?”
- your answer is provided along with the question, and you expect more answers: “I use ______ for ______, what do you use?”
- there is no actual problem to be solved: “I’m curious if other people feel like I do.”
- we are being asked an open-ended, hypothetical question: “What if ______ happened?”
- it is a rant disguised as a question: “______ sucks, am I right?”
If you fit in one of these example or if your motivation for asking the question is “I would like to participate in a discussion about ______”, then you should not be asking here but on our mailing lists. However, if your motivation is “I would like others to explain ______ to me”, then you are probably OK.
(The above section was adapted from Stackoverflow’s FAQ.)
- Answers should not add or expand questions. Instead either edit the question or add a question comment.
- Answers should not comment other answers. Instead add a comment on the other answers.
- Answers shouldn't just point to other Questions. Instead add a question comment indication "Possible duplicate of...". However, it's ok to include links to other questions or answers providing relevant additional information.
- Answers shouldn't just provide a link a solution. Instead provide the solution description text in your answer, even if it's just a copy/paste. Links are welcome, but should be complementary to answer, referring sources or additional reading.
Answers should not add or expand questions. Insteadeither edit the question or add a comment.
Answers should not comment other answers. Instead add a comment on the other answers.
Answers shouldn't just point to other questions.Instead add a comment indicating "Possible duplicate of...". However, it's fine to include links to other questions or answers providing relevant additional information.
Answers shouldn't just provide a link a solution. Instead provide the solution description text in your answer, even if it's just a copy/paste. Links are welcome, but should be complementary to answer, referring sources or additional reading.
Answers should not start debates SAB community Q&A is not a discussion group. Please avoid holding debates in your answers as they tend to dilute the essence of questions and answers. For brief discussions please use commenting facility.
When a question or answer is upvoted, the user who posted them will gain some points, which are called "karma points". These points serve as a rough measure of the community trust to him/her. Various moderation tasks are gradually assigned to the users based on those points.
In this platform, users can earn reputation points based on the quality of their contributions, such as asking interesting questions or providing helpful answers. Upvotes will earn 10 points, while downvotes will deduct 10 points. There is a daily limit of 200 points that can be accumulated per question or answer. Experienced users with high reputation points can edit and moderate questions and answers to improve the overall quality of the content. The reputation point requirements for each type of moderation task are listed in the table provided at the end.
The objective of this site is to establish a comprehensive knowledge base to address questions related to construction, construction and general maintenance.
Questions and answers on this website can be edited similar to wiki pages by experienced users with the aim of improving the quality of knowledge base content in general. These privileges are granted based on the level of the user's reputation: you will be able to do the same when your reputation is high enough.
If this approach is not for you, please respect the community.Here a table with the privileges and the karma level